Sequence is an award-winning events agency specializing in production, strategic planning and design. We work with a mix of corporate, association and non-profit clientele and events include galas, launches, conferences, awards shows and beyond. Sequence is headquartered in New York, NY and executes events worldwide. Read more at www.Sequence-Events.com.
About the Position:
This full-time position is an excellent opportunity to lead a growing department within the events industry with a successful and growing agency. You will be taking the lead in client interactions, overseeing and developing junior staff, and putting your mark on a range of corporate and non-profit events within our roster.
– Driven, motivated and comfortable with being a leader
– Strong & confident communication skills – both written and oral
– Creative and tactical problem-solver and a self-starter
– Comfortable working in a team environment, both taking and giving direction
– Ability to successfully multi-task, and take full ownership of assigned projects
– Positive can-do attitude, with no task too big or too small
– Bring a detail-oriented eye and the highest standard to all of your work
– Hard working, and recognize this business does not have set hours
– Incredibly resourceful, aware of industry trends
– 5-7 years of industry experience (event agency experience a plus)
– Audio visual, production, and/or technical theater background a plus
– Manage production for a wide variety of clients and events, including:
– Manage in-house production team on a day-to-day basis
– Liaise with clients to help enhance relationship and confidence in SEQ
– Manage external vendors with SEQ’s & the client’s needs in mind
– Manage event AV needs, and suggest thoughtful event enhancements
– Manage video production projects and creation of other on-screen media, including content collection, organization, design and execution
– Think strategically about client goals, event formats and program structures
– Work collaboratively Sequence project teams, design department, hired contractors and on-site event & production staff
– Work with team to create all necessary production documents (project tracker, ROS, cue sheets, backstage flow & directions, scripting, etc.)
– Confidently lead client-facing production meetings
– Coordinate with event teams related to event budgets, timelines, schedules and bring a full understanding of overall event logistics
– Develop and maintain productions budgets
– Manage multiple projects simultaneously in various stages of development
– Oversee department’s administrative tasks such as securing staff, confirming day rates and call times, ensuring proper handling of media, supplies needs, etc.
Health, dental, vision, 401k, flexible vacation, an emphasis on work-life balance, all the delicious snacks you can eat, Sequence University onboarding & continuing education program, birthday cakes, and a really fun group of people to hang out with every day! (Note: Bachelorette Pool participation is optional).
Please submit the following in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Production Manager”
– Cover letter that includes something unique about you and why you want to work at Sequence.
– An up-to-date resume
– We highly-recommended an option to provide something that demonstrates what makes you unique (ex: blog post, video, details about your dream vacation, who would play you in a movie, etc.).
– Salary requirements
– Potential start date
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!