We’re an award-winning events agency specializing in production, strategic planning, and design. We work with a mix of corporate, association and non-profit clientele and events include galas, launches, meetings, conferences and beyond. Sequence is headquartered in New York, NY and executes events worldwide. Read more about us at www.Sequence-Events.com.
– Good-natured, self-motivated, “Yes, and…” person interested in learning
– Superb organizational skills
– Clear written and verbal communication skills
– Ability and drive to anticipate the needs of your hard-working team
– Willingness to proactively communicate on both challenges and solutions
– Stage Management background with an understanding of “storytelling” (via ROS and visual content curation, etc.) in the event production context
– Bring an understanding of all production elements at play during a stage show – from script to lighting, to rolling a video or walk-on music, to “hold slides”, talent entrances, etc.
For those coming from theatrical backgrounds, the position will sharpen your production skills by introducing you to non-traditional venues, challenge you with different timelines than traditional theater projects (shorter load-in windows, truncated rehearsal periods, different audiences and goals, etc.), introduce you to client interactions, and spark curiosity in other facets of lighting, sound, video, and set design as it relates to the corporate realm.
Responsibilities may include:
– Assisting on a myriad of events ranging in type, size, location & stage of planning
– Taking notes, printing, ordering production supplies, etc.
– Consistently updating production project timelines
– Vendor outreach and continuing communications (AV, staging, rentals, etc.)
– Assisting with creative proposals for scenic, lighting, and entertainment elements
– Liaising with talent (bands, entertainment, presenters & speakers)
– Overseeing changes to Run of Show, rehearsal schedules, and other key production documents
– Liaising with design team on content creation
– Assisting with client budget updates and production expense reports
– Preparing, updating, and overseeing execution of vendor timelines for load-in
– Creating and printing production documentsfor each event (stage plots, run of show, talent rosters, media list, post-event images, etc.)
– Securing event freelancers, tracking hours, and processing freelancer invoices
– Drafting production staff briefings and other supporting documents
– Providing onsite support regarding AV and production logistics for all events
– Developing and presenting research on new production ideas to the entire team
– Expanding roster of preferred Sequence vendors and freelancers
Medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible vacation policy
Please submit the following in an email to email@example.com with the subject line: Production Assistant
– Cover letter & resume
– Salary requirement
– Potential start date
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!