Sequence is an award-winning events agency specializing in production, strategic planning and design. We work with a mix of corporate, association and non-profit clientele and events include galas, launches, conferences, awards shows and beyond. Sequence is headquartered in New York, NY and executes events worldwide. Read more at www.Sequence-Events.com.
About the Position:
This full-time position is an excellent opportunity to lead a growing department within the events industry with a successful and growing agency. You will be taking the lead in client interactions, overseeing and developing junior staff, and putting your mark on a range of corporate and non-profit events within our roster.
– Driven, motivated and comfortable with being a leader
– Strong & confident communication skills – both written and oral
– Creative and tactical problem-solver and a self-starter
– Comfortable working in a team environment, both taking and giving direction
– Ability to successfully multi-task, and take full ownership of both assigned projects and departmental big-picture
– Positive can-do attitude, with no task too big or too small
– Bring a detail-oriented eye and the highest standard to all of your work, and work done by your team
– Hard working, and recognize this business does not have set hours
– Incredibly resourceful, aware of industry trends
–7-10 years of industry experience (event agency experience a plus)
– Audio visual, production, and/or technical theater background a plus
– Oversee agency’s production efforts with a focus on audio-visual, staging, scenic, and other technical components.
– Manage production team on day to day basis, including in-house staff and freelance resources
– Report to Senior Staff on overall department status, including team member performance, process effectiveness, supply needs, pain points, etc.
– Liaise with clients to help enhance relationships and confidence in agency
– Think strategically and proactively about client goals, event formats and program structures
– Work collaboratively Sequence project teams, design department, hired contractors and on-site event & production staff
– Utilize Sequence’s project management & communication tools, and hold team accountable for use of those tools
– Manage & evaluate external vendors with agency and clients’ needs in mind
– Ensure event technical, logistical & AV needs are properly managed
– Suggest thoughtful event enhancements, adding to the overall experience
– Oversee video production projects and creation of other on-screen media, including content collection, organization, design and execution
– Work with team to create all necessary production documents (project tracker, ROS, cue sheets, backstage flow & directions, scripting, etc.)
– Confidently lead client-facing production meetings, adding seniority and expertise
– Coordinate with event teams related to event budgets, timelines, schedules and bring a full understanding of overall event logistics
– Develop and work with team to maintain production budgets
– Oversee multiple projects simultaneously in various stages of development
Health, dental, vision, 401k, flexible vacation, an emphasis on work-life balance, all the delicious snacks you can eat, Sequence University onboarding & continuing education program, birthday cakes, and a really fun group of people to hang out with every day! (Note: Bachelorette Pool participation is optional).
Please submit the following in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Director of Production”
– Cover letter that includes something unique about you and why you want to work at Sequence.
– An up-to-date resume
– We highly-recommended an option to provide something that demonstrates what makes you unique (ex: blog post, video, details about your dream vacation, who would play you in a movie, etc.).
– Salary requirements
– Potential start date
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!